Spring is almost here! It is my favorite time of year. Flowers blossom, trees come back to life, my bright color wardrobe reappears and there are many industry conferences to feed your brain with news on all the latest BI and analytics technologies. We have the Gartner BI Summit series, new Microsoft Data Insights, Strata + Hadoop World, INFORMS Analytics Wave and PASS BA Conference.
Gartner BI Summit
After just wrapping up Gartner BI Summit in Australia this week where I discussed Tackling Data Gravity with Hybrid BI, I took two vacation days to see the amazing Great Barrier Reef in Cairns = a must-see for ocean enthusiasts. While on this lovely rain forest get-a-way, I also happen to be preparing for the upcoming, not-to-miss, Gartner BI Bake-Off between Microsoft, Qlik and Tableau happening at the next industry event in mid-March. If you are attending the Gartner BI Summit in Texas, please stop by the Microsoft booth to say hello or send me an email to catch up in person.
Microsoft Data Insights
Following Gartner, Microsoft added a new Microsoft Data Insights event with popular keynote speaker Nate Silver. The Microsoft product teams from Power BI and Excel will be making themselves available to answer your questions. Bring your work and they can help you with it. You will also get sneak peek previews of upcoming features and deep dive training from feature area experts. If you are a Power BI fan, this one will be a must-attend event to add into your annual training schedule.
Since Microsoft Data Insights 2016 is sold out. Register to attend PASS BA Conference to enjoy similar content and learn Power BI from the experts.
PASS BA Conference
Note Microsoft started planning the Data Insights event only a few months ago and it sold out faster than they expected. If you are one of the several hundred people already on the waiting list, please register for the upcoming PASS BA Conference to get similar content and training this year. They will be sharing several of the same Power BI and Excel sessions from Data Insights. A few other notes on PASS BA Conference:
- Jer Thorp, a world-renowned data artist and educator will delivering a keynote.
- Hands-on Labs sessions. Labs are a series of practical, interactive two-hour sessions delivered to expand your skillset and give you a deeper understanding of industry trends and best-practices. Labs are an option included with conference registration and are a fabulous value-add for conference attendees.
- Awesome pre-cons (full-day and half-day sessions) including one of my favorite analytical minds in the entire world, Daniel Fylstra. The always-fun and sassy Rob Collie will be there along with popular BI brain Mico Yuk.
Highlighted PASS BA Conference speakers include:
- Power BI product team members that I don’t see listed yet.
- Dean Abbott, the brilliant predictive analytics mind that got me hooked into thinking proactively and understanding data prep from a different perspective back in the mid-2000s.
- Enjoyable Bruno Aziza is covering bleeding-edge Hadoop BI.
- One of my favorite authors on data storytelling, Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic.
- Jen Stirrup, Peter Myers, Marco Russo, Paul Turley and Grant Paisley – Microsoft BI gurus that always deliver useful, truly excellent sessions.
See You Soon
I know the blog has been neglected this month. On a bright note, I did share several new, must review decks with you on SlideShare. I’ll try to get more articles written on my long flight home from Australia. The ocean is calling my name now… logging off to explore an ocean of fish today versus an ocean of data.